The Department of International Trade is a practical academic field devoted to global and practical competence in trade. It aims to cultivate international trade experts with the qualities to adapt to the rapidly changing domestic and foreign trade environments.
Graduates of the Department of International Trade are faithfully performing their duties in various fields of society as well as in trade companies nationwide. Graduates have entered venture capital businesses, trading companies, and overseas marketing-related fields to demonstrate their abilities to utilize their knowledge, and are also active in trade-related national and public institutions, domestic and foreign manufacturers, general trading companies, and various financial institutions. In addition, graduates who intend to continue to study academically are investing their enthusiasm in various academic fields after gaining a master's or doctorate degree by entering graduate schools either at home or abroad.
Career Options after Graduation
The Department of International Trade is training experts in international trade, distribution management, cyber trade, foreign exchange management, and e-commerce management. Graduates mainly work in international trade-related fields in various companies and financial institutions. In addition, graduates can advance to local and central government civil servant positions in fields related to international trade and the wider sphere of trade in general.
Potential Career Fields
- National Institutions: The Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, the National Police Agency, the Korea Customs Service, and local governments such as Yeosu City.
- Public Enterprise: Yeosu Gwangyang Port Authority, Korea Expressway Corporation, Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency, Korea International Trade Association, Korea Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Korea Trade Insurance Corporation, etc.
- General Companies: The department of logistics, materials purchasing, marketing, product planning and exhibitions in corporations such as Hyundai Glovis, trading companies, financial institutions (banks, insurance companies, invest and finance companies, securities companies, etc.), international logistics companies (shipping, aviation, complex transportation business, etc.), Korea Trade Network, Shinsegae Co., Ltd., GS Retail, foreign companies, etc.
- Research Institutions: National research institutes such as the Korea Maritime Institute and research institutes affiliated with local governments.
- Certified customs broker, chartered accountant, tax accountant, claims adjuster
- International trading manager, logistics manager, cyber trading manager, e-commerce master, futures trading manager, international trading manager
- Certificates related to tourism interpretation guide, tourism, tourism accommodation, etc.
- Foreign exchange manager, origin specialist, information processor, sales master