The Department of Logistics and Transportation is a new service industry that will lead the 21st century. It is a convergence study that plans the efficient transportation of people and cargo, and plans and manages logistics management facilities and organizations.
This department is closely related to the competitiveness of countries and companies, and the demand for experts in the field is continuously expanding. This department is the only one in Jeonnam that operates a systematic training course in logistics and transportation and aims to cultivate professional personnel who can comprehensively and scientifically analyze logistics transportation problems and solve them creatively.
In order to effectively achieve the educational goals, the curriculum is organized around the subjects required to obtain the relevant basic qualifications (logistics managers, distribution managers, transportation technicians, etc.) as well as basic majors, and the industry-academia-related shipping ports supported by the Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries. It operates specialized programs for professional manpower projects. Graduates are advancing into various fields such as public institutions, research institutes, and companies related to logistics and transportation.
Career Options after Graduation
Logistics plays an important role in the field of economic activity in modern society. Graduates of the Department of Logistics and Transportation can enter any place where cargo flow is involved. This is because it is not only needed in a specific industrial field but is involved with diverse academic fields that are required in a wide range of national and international economies.
As society's overall interest in logistics and transportation increases, demand is also increasing not only for national institutions that are a traditional career path, but also for social overhead capital (SOC), where private companies are actively participating.
Potential Career Fields
- National Agencies: Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries, Ministry of Land and Infrastructure and Transport, Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, Ministry of Environment, Korean National Police Agency, Korea Customs Service, Korea Coast Guard, Korea Expressway Corporation, Korea Transportation Safety Authority and local governments
- Public Enterprise: About 30 public institutions including the Yeosu Gwangyang Port Authority, the Busan Port Authority, the Incheon Port Authority, the Incheon Airport Authority, the Korea Airport Corporation, and the Korea Trade Network.
- General Companies: The department of logistics, materials purchasing, marketing, product planning and exhibitions in corporations such as shipping companies, port and airline terminal operator companies, land transportation companies, storage-packaging and unloading companies, LG EDS, SAMSUNG SDS, POS Data, SK Corporation, Metanet DT, LG-CSN, YOOSHIN Engineering Corporation, Kunhwa Engineering & Consulting, KL-Net, Busan Newport Co., Ltd., etc.
- R&D Centers: Korea Maritime Institute, Korea Transport Institute, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology, Korea Research Institute for Human Settlements, and municipal research institutes like The Seoul Institute, etc.
- Certified professional logistician, certification production and inventory management (CPIM)
- Engineer urban planning, professional engineer urban planning, engineer transportation, professional engineer transportation, industrial engineer transportation
- International trading manager, certified customs broker, certified distribution manager, e-commerce manager
- Trade English Level 1 and 2, etc.